A list of my favourite quotes from books during the week.
1. The truth is? Everyone lies. Every single person.
2. Safe places exist only where people aren’t.
3. Words stick, even when we don’t want them to.
4. The funny thing about a lie is that once it has been said and believed, it lives and becomes. It can’t be taken back. It sucks all the air from you until you give up and it takes over and you forget how to breathe on your own.
5. “people usually do something to have someone come after them.”
Josie Griffin is NOT a Vampire by Heather Swain
1. “In life sometimes other people are going to give you shit. But when they do, you just make shit balls and toss them right back.”
2. “Maybe that’s not enough. Maybe people need you to be more involved in their lives.”
3. In the end, we all screwed over the people we loved.