A list of my favourite quotes from books I’ve read in the past week. Yes, I managed to finish two books this week!
1. “It’s funny,” I said after a while. “I always thought that being beautiful would make life easier.”
2. How could someone offering you a present sound so creepy?
3. “The problem with wanting,” he whispered, his mouth trailing along my jaw until it hovered over my lips, “is that it makes us weak.”
1. My whole life I’d fooled myself into thinking I didn’t need his love, but I’d been wrong. Everyone needed their father’s love.
2. “Being controlled and being unloved is not a natural way of life.”
3. There was nothing healthy about desperately wanting something you couldn’t have.
4. If life was a game, like everyone said, then I wanted to win.