A list of my favourite quotes from books I’ve read in the past week. Leave a comment telling me what your favourite quotes are! I’ll be sure to check your post out too!
September Girls by Bennett Madison
1. You have no idea how important a name is. You have always known your name.
2. She was both beautiful and ugly at the same time. Her face changed the longer you looked at it, and the more you looked at it the more you couldn’t put all the pieces together. Just as it was starting to make sense, it all fell apart. She was a page in a book in a dream where you can’t read.
3. “When you’re all the same, all you have is what you own. And we don’t own a lot.”
4. The moral of the story here is that if you’re ever offered anything that seems like it might lead to sex, there is no turning back. You just have to take it as it comes or you will remain a virgin for life.
5. Being a man is bullshit; maybe trying to be a man had been the problem all along. At a certain point you just have to trust someone. Even if it’s only yourself.
6. The minute you think you’re safe is the same minute you’re fucked.
7. Because isn’t the whole point of loving someone–being in love with someone–that you understand her as well as you understand yourself? Isn’t loving someone almost like becoming that person, and them becoming you? I mean, isn’t that the point, at least in a way?