A list of my favourite quotes from books I’ve read in the past week. Leave a comment telling me what your favourite quotes are! I’ll be sure to check your post out too!
1. “You know, nothing ever goes back exactly the way it was. Things just expand and contract. Like the universe, like breathing. But you’ll never fill your lungs up with the same air twice. Sometimes, it would be cool if you could pause and rewind and do over. But I think anyone would get tired of that after one or two times.”
2. You can’t see around corners, so you just have to deal with it and try to stay afloat.
And things get tough.
And you’re supposed to grow up.
And it’s all a bunch of bullshit.
3. I found out something about words. There are plenty of words I can put on paper, words I can see with my eyes and scribble with my hand, that I never had the guts to say with my mouth. Sometimes, I used to think I was brave; but I don’t believe that anymore.
And then it’s always that one word that makes you so different and puts you outside the overlap of everyone else; and that word is so fucking big and loud, it’s the only thing anyone ever hears when your name is spoken.
And whenever that happens to us, all the other words that make us the same disappear in its shadow.
1. “When you lie to everyone about everything, what’s left? What’s true?”
“Nothing,” I say.
2. “Curiosity is a gateway drug to sympathy. Sympathy leads to hesitation. Hesitation will get you killed.”
3. “You are crazy,” he says. “You are a crazy, amazing girl. And you scare the hell out of me.”
4. Truths are messy and lies are messy, I don’t care what Da said, it’s impossible to cut a person into pie-like pieces, neat and tidy.
1. “Fuck the bullshit, it’s time to throw down.”
2. “Yeah, that’s totally badass. Not killing yourself even when you think you want to. Takes a lot of balls to stay alive, don’t you think?”
We all smiled because it was the truth: Living did take a lot more guts than giving up.