A list of my favourite quotes from books I’ve read in the past week. Leave a comment telling me what your favourite quotes are! I’ll be sure to check your post out too!
1. How is feeling like a failure supposed to help me? The way I see it, they should invent some pill that just makes you forget whatever you want, some pill that makes you numb and functional.
2. Everybody has fucked-up families, even normal kids, even the ones who aren’t in here. There’s no magic math equation that makes us addicts, nothing that separates us from everyone else.
3. She had no idea there were so many different kinds of lonely. But she does not want your pity. She just wants you to understand what can happen when you’re a million kinds of lonely at once, when you find yourself among identical strangers you do not want to get to know.
4. Normal people can keep promises they make to themselves.
1. “But even lambs have to be lions sometimes.”
2. If you really love someone, you have to be prepared to do what’s necessary to help them learn and grow, even if it’s painful for the both of you.
3. Pain’s not bad. It teaches you things. I understand that. (Charles Manson)
4. If a sky this dark can still be peppered with so much light, maybe this world can be too.