A list of my favourite quotes from books I’ve read in the past week. Leave a comment/link telling me what your favourite quotes are! I’ll be sure to check your post out too!
1. Don’t look at the shadows too long, or a demon might look back.
2. If you desired someone, if he comforted you, if you thought he might leech the poison out of your hear, was that love? Or only desperation?
Favourite quote: Was the promise of freedom just something the desperate and oppressed clung to because they didn’t have anything else? Had it always been just a dream, a fantasy built up in the mind of a boy forced to grow up too soon?
Favourite quote: When you’re little, you think nothing bad can happen to you because if you fall out of that tree, a fireman will catch you, or a doctor will fix it–and if someone brings a gun to school, maybe it’s okay to engage in dangerous heroics because an ambulance will get there soon enough. Now here I am with a sheriff whose first thought after a murder is maybe I can pin in on that guy I don’t like.
1. “Four can keep a secret if three are dead.”
2. Sometimes the right choice caused suffering for the people we loved. And that was never a good reason to back down from doing what was morally right.
3. “I think I’ve been looking at my life from the wrong way,” I said. “What if, when fate gives you something bad, it’s not to defeat you, it’s so you’ll see the problem and do something about it.”