A list of my favourite quotes from books I’ve read in the past week. Leave a comment/link telling me what your favourite quotes are! I’ll be sure to check your post out too!
1. Words like fag and homo are totally unacceptable whether or not people are gay, but my point is that trying particular behaviors and interests to a particular gender seems to be the major reason guys who like dance get called names.
2. “If you realize life is short, you break up with your gay boyfriend and get a real boyfriend.”
3. “Sometimes it’s hard to hear when we’ve done something wrong. But we can learn from our mistakes.”
4. Time does not care how precious it is, how hard you are working not to squander it.
5. And suddenly I started to cry. Serious sobs, the kind where your stomach hurts and you can’t breathe and there’s snot running down your face. I was crying so hard I couldn’t even mute the sounds I was making, and Luke put his hand on my back and I thought about how everyone would think that I was crying because of Stacy’s fucking speech and I wanted to kill someone. I wanted to kill someone and I wanted to die and I wanted to run as far and as fast as I could.
1. “Silly man, doesn’t he know money is imaginary?” It’s paper that turns into numbers on screens, after all. It’s there, then it’s gone. I put it places, I take it out, I move it someplace else. Imaginary. Most things are imaginary, when you think about it.
Sometimes I think I’m imaginary.
2. “She told me only people we love the most can destroy us, because no one else has that kind of power.”
3. “Oh, baby sister. We all want things we shouldn’t have. Even you. Just because you love him doesn’t mean you should. Love is a choice, like anything else.
4. Once upon a time, I was a little girl with a mom and a dad and a sister, and the only monsters in the world were imaginary.
Then I became one of the monsters.