A list of my favourite quotes from books I’ve read in the past week. Leave a comment/link telling me what your favourite quotes are! I’ll be sure to check your post out too!
Favourite quote: Love is a funny thing. […] Eventually, it becomes a matter of scale. When the good outweighs the bad, you stay. When the bad is the only thing you notice anymore, you think about your future, or what’s left of it, consider options.
Favourite quote: A body seems a solitary thing until each cell inside it gains its own voice, and when all shriek in terror at the same time–when they all dim to nothing after that last brilliant flare of emotion–perception of the whole can never be the same again.
1. You show me a man who wants more out of life than an easy job that provides unlimited candy, and I’ll show you a greedy bastard.
2. Show your ass, save the world.
3. Maybe falling in love is just about finding someone who is willing to put up with most of your shit if you put up with most of theirs. Making two puzzle pieces fit together, even if they weren’t exactly from the same puzzle. Maybe all of that, “my whole world is on fire” thing is something else.
4. Love is like a maze of mirrors. No map can help you through it because you can never quite tell where you’re going. Also, you’re likely to see sides of yourself that you normally don’t.
5. Love is the feeling that your life is finally about to begin. But that’s one thing when you’re younger and think being an adult will be awesome, and another when you know it’s all about busting your ass to have a stainless steel kitchen and shit.
6. Everyone always says that when you’re a teenager, your highs are higher and your lows are lower. I was still a teenager, but I could see the end in sight.