A list of my favourite quotes from books I’ve read in the past week. Leave a comment/link telling me what your favourite quotes are! I’ll be sure to check your post out too!
Don’t Even Think About it by Sarah Mlynowski
Favourite quote: That’s our story.
How we became a we.
And that’s what we are these day. A we.
When you’re a group that can hear each other’s thoughts, the line between I and We gets kind of blurry.
Panic by Lauren Oliver
Favourite quote: The Bravery was in moving forward, no matter what. Someday, she might be called on to jump again. And she would do it. She knew, now, that there was always light–beyond the dark, and the dear, out of the depths; there was sun to reach for, and air and space and freedom.
There was always a way up, and out, and no need to be afraid.
A list of my favourite quotes from books I’ve read in the past week. Leave a comment telling me what your favourite quotes are! I’ll be sure to check your post out too!
Clean by Amy Reed
1. How is feeling like a failure supposed to help me? The way I see it, they should invent some pill that just makes you forget whatever you want, some pill that makes you numb and functional.
2. Everybody has fucked-up families, even normal kids, even the ones who aren’t in here. There’s no magic math equation that makes us addicts, nothing that separates us from everyone else.
3. She had no idea there were so many different kinds of lonely. But she does not want your pity. She just wants you to understand what can happen when you’re a million kinds of lonely at once, when you find yourself among identical strangers you do not want to get to know.
4. Normal people can keep promises they make to themselves.
Prep School Confidential (Prep School Confidential#1) by Kara Taylor
Favourite quote: Being brave isn’t the same as not being scared, though, it means going through with something even if it totally terrifies you.
Gated by Amy Christine Parker
1. “But even lambs have to be lions sometimes.”
2. If you really love someone, you have to be prepared to do what’s necessary to help them learn and grow, even if it’s painful for the both of you.
3. Pain’s not bad. It teaches you things. I understand that. (Charles Manson)
4. If a sky this dark can still be peppered with so much light, maybe this world can be too.