A list of my favourite quotes from books I’ve read in the past week. Leave a comment/link telling me what your favourite quotes are! I’ll be sure to check your post out too!
Stained by Cheryl Rainfield
1. When something that’s a part of you causes you so much pain–pain others inflict–you obsess about it.
2. If I don’t do what feels right to me, what I need and want to do, then am I really living?
3. The lack of human voices really gets to me. I never realized that we need to talk with other people just to know that we exist. That we matter. Loneliness is a howling, empty cavern inside of me that just keeps growing.
A list of my favourite quotes from books I’ve read in the past week. Leave a comment telling me what your favourite quotes are! I’ll be sure to check your post out too!
Clean by Amy Reed
1. How is feeling like a failure supposed to help me? The way I see it, they should invent some pill that just makes you forget whatever you want, some pill that makes you numb and functional.
2. Everybody has fucked-up families, even normal kids, even the ones who aren’t in here. There’s no magic math equation that makes us addicts, nothing that separates us from everyone else.
3. She had no idea there were so many different kinds of lonely. But she does not want your pity. She just wants you to understand what can happen when you’re a million kinds of lonely at once, when you find yourself among identical strangers you do not want to get to know.
4. Normal people can keep promises they make to themselves.
Prep School Confidential (Prep School Confidential#1) by Kara Taylor
Favourite quote: Being brave isn’t the same as not being scared, though, it means going through with something even if it totally terrifies you.
Gated by Amy Christine Parker
1. “But even lambs have to be lions sometimes.”
2. If you really love someone, you have to be prepared to do what’s necessary to help them learn and grow, even if it’s painful for the both of you.
3. Pain’s not bad. It teaches you things. I understand that. (Charles Manson)
4. If a sky this dark can still be peppered with so much light, maybe this world can be too.