A list of my favourite quotes from books I’ve read in the past week. Leave a comment telling me what your favourite quotes are! I’ll be sure to check your post out too!
1. I’m no rock star, but I’m definitely not ugly.
2. I wish I knew how to turn the volume down on the sadness in this girl’s eyes. I wish I could take her out of this dark, smelly alley and tuck her away some place safe.
3. “Facing up to this is better than running away.”
Maybe so. But I’m so good at running.
4. On the outside, I’m the perfect kid–like a statue of perfect marble, serene and unreal. Inside, it’s all snakes and maggots and broken glass.
The Nightmare Affair (The Arkwell Academy#1) by Mindee Arnett
1. “Would you prefer me to hit you over the head with a frying pan?”
2. I gaped at his lunacy. It was like listening to the magical reincarnation of Hitler.
3. Despite the terror we faced down in the tunnels, we were okay. Funny how having friends beside you could do that. With friends, you could survive just about anything.